In our exam yesterday, some of you did have the dictionary, a few even had two (bilingual and monolingual) and some of you were struggling to get one to check on the meaning of certain words. At Departmental exams, we cannot borrow or lend dictionaries (neither students nor teachers). So please get a monolingual dictionary (English-English) for the Departmental exam ahead of time.How do you feel about dictionary use? Do you depend on it, just check it once in a while, almost never use it, use it too much, prefer bilingual dictionaries? Did you know that there are bilingualized dictionaries with the meaning in English but the meaning in Spanish as well. They are not very common and I used to have one until I lent it to a student, I forgot about it and it was never returned to me ... therefore, I seldom lend my dictionaries.
I hope to find your comments and ideas on how to use dictionaries, how they work best for you and tips for classmates to use them more efficiently.
By the way (por cierto), I looked up the word "parasitoids" from the quiz yesterday and this is what I found.

6 comments:
If I am going to do everything possible for having the monolingual dictionary (English-English) for the departmental examination.
Que buena esta la informacion, la verdad yo pensaba que se podian utilizar ambos diccionarios en el examen departamental. La informacion esta muy buena. Gracias
Al princio no me parecia tan buena idea esto de usar diccionarios de ingles-ingles porque pensaba que nos tenian que permitir usar uno de ingles- espaƱol para poder ayudarnos, ya que los examenes departamentales tienen gran peso en la nota de la materia,pero a la vez es mejor asi porque mientras mas leamos en ingles mas nos vamos a familiarizar con el idioma y es otra manera practicar
Es muy bueno usar un diccionario de ingles ingles ademas que nos lo van a dejar usar en el examen departamental!! :)
Con respecto a el diccionario que colocan aqui me gusta mucho porque es muy completo, diferente a un diccionario normal, ademas que me a ayudado para hacer los ejerciocios de la guia.
Bastante importante el uso del diccionario en los examenes en especial para nosotros que apenas estamos empezando ingles y ademas la universidad, asi podremos saber el significado de muchas palabras y poder comprender las preguntas que nos hacen o cosas que nos pidan.
Estudiar y esforsarnos para salir bien y si tenemos ayuda, mejor.
Post a Comment